All Practitioners Have Received Their Covid Vaccinations
(Please call ahead for SFHP bookings)
Spanish, Italian, & Mandarin w/ limited
Cantonese Speaking Practitioners Available
SFHP Practitioners Available
- I've been getting Acupuncture treatments for chronic pain-stiffness & an autoimmune condition at various places for over 20 yrs now with a wide range of results. I changed health plans a few yrs ago, so I was looking for an Acupuncture place that took my insurance coverage and struck gold w/East-West Integ. Med Clinic!This is the place for the best in Alternative Medicine/Acupuncture for your healthcare needs. They offer 3 locations in San Francisco-Noe Valley, Glen Park, Bernal Heights-with several Acupuncturists at each one.The Acupuncturist that I've been seeing since I discovered East-West, Antonella Soldaini, has over 25yrs of experience and is perhaps the best one I've ever seen in my lifetime. But she's retiring in the near future, so I set out to find another Acupuncturist there. And I struck gold again!Her name is Rina Liu, who is not only a LAc but also a CMT, and she practices at 2 locations-Noe Valley & Glen Park. She's from China, so she practices authentic Chinese Acupuncture, which provides the most effective treatments for your condition. But what makes Rina Liu so special is the very high level of care & attention she gives to you and your condition. She spends a lot of quality time w/you, giving you her undivided attention, which is very rare in healthcare practitioners these days.She is also like a detective, in that she tries to get to the source of your ailment/condition so that she doesn't just treat your symptoms but aims to treat the cause of those symptoms. She is very holistic in her practice, which makes her treatments most effective. Plus, she offers massage in her treatments as she is a CMT.I am amazed at the high-level of care & attention I've received from Rina Liu since I started seeing her recently. She is super-dedicated to providing the highest level of healthcare she can give.Andrew C.8/21/2022This review is for Tyler, who has been pretty much healed me completely. I had tendonitis on both my arms that deterred me from even holding my phone without pain and within a month he cured me! I've had other pain throughout that he has also helped ease. He's also a good listener and an overall chill person. I've recommended so many people to come here! Truly grateful to have found this place, otherwise I'd still be in pain because nothing else was working. ThankSienna M.8/11/2022Excellent customer service by Tim and a lovely 90 minute massage by a Jessica brought me some much needed relief from shoulder and neck pain. The massage rooms are nice and I like the soothing music they play and the beautiful tapestry on the ceiling.Celie H.7/30/2022
- This place is wonderful. I love my acupuncturist Mim who practices here. The facility is beautiful and calming. They are very COVID safe. Highly recommend!Lisa S.2/28/2022Excellent pre-natal massage from Jessica O. I came in pain and nursing an injury and left feeling mentally and physically lighter and relaxed. I can't wait to go back!Ashley K.2/11/2022I just had a wonderful hot stone massage by Chrissy and they were amazing! They were attentive and focused and I'm always very "wimpy" when it comes to my message preferences but they listened and delivered in a beautiful way! I feel pampered and refreshed and grateful and would highly recommend their services.Kim K.1/19/2022
- I easily booked a massage with Jessica on the online platform. I was feeling a lot of tension and aches in the left side of my body from holding my 1 year old baby. So this was such a nice treat. Jessica focused on my shoulders, neck, and lower back with great pressure. I can’t wait to return for my next sessionKris Romasanta1/05/2022Awesome staff! They take the time to learn about you to properly assess and help with whatever is bothering you.Andy Liang1/05/2022I have been to this location and had Chrissy each time. Incredible service and skill. I've come in not being able to raise my arm and after 90 minutes of deep tissue; resolved. Would highly recommend.Jules S.12/18/2021
- I went through a break up with my boyfriend and was having so much anxiety. I went here for a treatment for a few weeks and the staff was so supportive and treated me with compassion and careNell B.12/13/2021Extremely friendly staff, clean environment, and attentive therapists. I had to go for a TMJ massage and the owner personally helped me find the best therapist for the job. The massage I got was stellar. Everything I hoped it would be, focusing on problem areas rather than "checking all the boxes" that some massages do. Can not wait to go back.Carter Gibson12/05/2021Excellent service!deisy Murillo12/05/2021
- I'm so blessed that I met my acupuncturist Sapho. They're amazing-so personable, empathetic, and genuine. Look forward to getting more sessions. Also, the facility is very clean and comfortable.Karina S.12/05/2021I decided to book a massage at this place even though I have never been before and don't know anyone personally who goes there. I'm always nervous when trying a new massage therapist because when it's bad, it's really disappointing. This place did not disappoint! My massage was exactly what I needed and I definitely plan to go back.Elsie M.11/13/2021I had thrown out my back and was in serious pain. i was recommended to East/West by a friend ans booked a massage with Chris. He was so kind and fun and really dug in to my sore muscles. I will definitely be going back!Bachul Koul11/05/2021
- Had a great experience here. Very easy to book and the massage really helped. I will definitely go back.Elsie Militar11/05/2021I receive acupuncture service here from Shannon. She's the best in my book. From our 1st meeting she listened to all my issues. I have chronic pain & nerve damage and I try any type of Eastern medicine that alleviates my pain. They also perform massage, cupping and all types of alternative medicine teas and techniques. I've been to 2 offices the one on Chenery & Courtland. I really enjoy the Courtland office because after the appt there are coffee shops & food and the community & people are very nice.Angeleste Saunders11/05/2021I've gotten massages from Chris Robertson and Jessica Biedron, both are thoughtful and skilled, and I've left feeling relaxed and healed. Highly recommended!Carol R.10/11/2021
- I just went for the first time and had the acupuncture/massage combo. I've been having neck pain and regular headaches. I felt much better after just my first appointment. I saw Sapho and they were very thoughtful, thorough and clearly skilled. Looking forward to another visit soon!Veronica Reilly-Granich10/05/2021I can't recommend Chris Robertson enough! I have been trying to find a massage therapist that I feel comfortable with for years and he quickly put me at ease with his warm personality and sense of humor. He was very supportive after I went through a tough time and I left the massage feeling like I let go a lot of tension.David K.10/05/2021Wonderful experience all around. Most importantly, the treatments have been beneficial to my health and well being.Phil Balistrieri9/05/2021
- The best careAdnan Sharif9/05/2021Five stars for the service with Marnie! She is phenomenal and has great bedside manner! Even though my symptoms couldn’t be resolved because they were quite bad, I still felt like she had done the most for me out of any provider.I lowered my rating by one star because I have had inconveniences with billing and have had to contact the East West Integrative Center multiple times to get what I needed from them for insurance and FSA billing. My advice after this would be to contact your insurance rather than relying on any company to tell you whether you’re in-network. Also, they don’t confirm with you when they have billed your card and don’t give you a receipt. I really would’ve lowered this review to a 2 star because of their billing, but I like Marnie too much to do that.Mazie9/05/2021The acupuncture and massage services at East West are out of this world! Unbelievably talented and kind therapists. I can’t recommend them enough. Marnie is really something special.Carrie Paff8/05/2021
- Marnie at East-West Integrative Medicine Clinic is the best. I have been going to her for almost a year, and she is so knowledgeable and skilled at what she does. I cannot recommend Marnie enough!Nadia R.8/05/2021Being a first timer to acupuncture I was very much nervous about it. But Chris is fantastic!!! She's very attentive and actually listens to your needs and concerns on your first initial visit. There are a few places (not many nerves) you feel the needles but 98% of them are painless. It's the best 45 minute nap/reset to life you can get for the cost. My migraines are less often. Its my weekly treat to myself.S A.7/18/2021Highly recommend this place for acupuncture!! Sappho was so incredibly helpful in every way. I started seeing her once a week for my chronic illness and she had a wonderfully calming presence, was so full of insight and information on what points effected which organs and how they work in conjunction with my fatigue and pain. She gave me useful tips and suggestions for nutrition and health supplements and was always so gentle when treating me. I was having issues with my blood flow and regular periods, and immediately one day after seeing Sappho I got my period and reset my body! I was so thankful that they took my insurance and treated me with such kindness as a patient. I felt so much better after a few months of going to Sappho, I wish I still lived in the area to go to her every week!!Roma Oeh7/05/2021
- Jessica is professional and soooo good at finding the spots that need attention. It is such a treat to have a massage with her and I look forward to it every time. This is self care at it's finest.Carol LeMaitre7/05/2021I've been seeing Shannon at East-West in Bernal Heights consistently and have had such fantastic experiences. I recommend acupuncture for those that haven't found solutions for traditional Western medicine, or are looking for a different option. I specifically recommend East-West as I was new to acupuncture when I started seeing Shannon, and have had such a good experience, and can't recommend it enough. I have seen Shannon for sleep issues as well as menstruation issues and have seen great improvements with both.Gina7/05/2021I am so incredibly thankful for my experience at East-West and acupuncture treatments done by Sappho!!I have a chronic illness and my doctor referred me to ExW to have acupuncture once a week for my pain and fatigue. Sappho has such a warm, calming presence and gentle touch, it really eased a lot of my anxiety to feel like I was in good hands. After going every week for several months I was feeling so much better than when I started. Sappho was so informative through the process with lots of knowledge on how certain points effected different organs and blood flow in my body. She also gave me incredibly helpful tips on nutrition and health supplements to aid my progress. She made me feel so comfortable and heard which has been really hard for me to find in treatments during this process. I wish so much I could continue visiting this clinic every week!! I had to move across the country and even then Sappho was so sweet and helpful to find me recommendations of clinics on the east coast.Thank you so much for all your magic!!Roma O.6/29/2021
IN THE NEWS
Read this Noe Valley Voice article as it outlines East-West SF owner, Marnie McCurdy, successful efforts to convince supervisors to adopt zoning changes concerning massage therapy. Full Article
Following CDC Guidelines
- Rooms and common spaces will be cleaned per CDC Guidelines.
- Soft items will be removed or covered in washable vinyl.
- Between clients, rooms will sit empty for 15 minutes.
- HEPA filter will be used in each room.
- All Practitioners Have Received Their Covid Vaccinations.
- Staff will have daily health/temperature check-ins.
- Personal protection equipment (PPE) will be worn.
- Frequently hand washing and use of hand sanitizers will be mandatory.
Keeping You Safe
- You will be greeted at the front door.
- The waiting room will be closed.
- We ask that you have a temperature check-in before entry.
- When possible, payment will be by credit card.
Requesting of Patients
We’re In This Together
- Only come if you have an appointment.
- Dress warmly (limited blankets, etc.), and wear a mask.
- Please answer and sign Covid release form.
- Let us know if you have any concerns.
Shortened Hours During Covid
9 – 6 pm Monday to Friday – Receptionist
10 – 5 pm Weekend – Receptionist
Hours by Location and Practitioner
Need to Cancel: Online / (415) 585-1990
Call: (415) 585-1990
605 Chenery Street, Suite C
San Francisco, CA 94131
Best of the Bay
406 Cortland Ave
San Francisco, CA 94110
3901 23rd Street
San Francisco, Ca. 94114
Need to Cancel an Appointment
1. Log into My Account
2. Select Upcoming Appointments
3. Find the appointment you wish to cancel
4. Click the cancel button on the right hand side
Lake Chabot Neighborhood